Thursday 8 December 2011

The man behind the blog, the myth behind the legend.

Seeing as I regularly enlighten you with my pearls of wisdom and wit utter shit, I thought now would be as good a time as any to tell you a little bit about myself.

In the words of Mary Poppins I will begin by telling you a few of my favourite things. Sadly they do not include mittens.

Today I introduce you to my main vice..


The Cafe Mocha. Named after the town of Mocha in Yemen.
I have tried mochas at all the major coffee shops and some of the lesser known ones. Here, in my travelled opinion, are the top 3 in town limits.

My third favourite is Starbucks. Tried and tested, it is the one I drink the most, and has the advantage over Cafe Nero and Costa Coffee that the chocolate is not overpowered by the coffee. Both those 2 give you the impression they made a coffee and dusted it on top with a small amount of chocolate powder.

In 2nd place is the Chelsea Cafe. Their mocha is serious competition to my favourite, and only is in 2nd because the quality varies on who makes the drink. The chocolate syrup in it is special though.

1st. Perhaps this is partly affected by it being the drink I have least often. Hansel and Gretel. A small and cosy coffee nook and cranny in the basement of an Austrian antiques shop.

The mocha is called a "Wolfgang" after one of the children in the Sound of Music (Julie Andrews again, the blog came full circle.) It is sensational and tastes as though it was brewed in Claudia Schiffer's ...you get the idea.

Proof that there are other things besides world domination and undercroft sex prisons that Austrians are good at.

No comments: