Monday 15 November 2010

"I hope they do you over like Goater did."

I've stolen a quote from the Mirror's football comedy section. Apparently a Manchester City fan was shopping for furniture when he heard a voice he recognized giving the staff a "don't you know who I am" tirade.

The guilty culprit then turned to the Blues fan and told him not to bother shopping there. Upon seeing that the complainer was none other than Gary Neville, he replied with my headline.

A less famous Goater had a letter from his bank's fraud squad. I had been having problems with chip n pin machines and had been told at my bank that nothing was the matter.

Had the beautiful Jemma not wisely opened my post, I would not have seen the "URGENT" command from my bank to contact them.

It did get sorted, but the most disturbing part of the debacle was the Big Brother style surveillance that the bank had me under. All because I had withdrawn money for rent late in the evening, and then proceeded to purchase an mp3 track off the internet.

There aren't the words to describe how pathetic society has become. Political correctness, paranoid surveillance of everyday financial dealings and the leaches posing as politicians these days are examples of how mankind is on a steady slide to the bottom of the existential pit.

Still, all is not bleak. Bath City recovered from 2-0 down to win 3-2, ManU were shite again, Arsenal won and Chelsea played like a pub team. Priorities in order, philosophy comes after football. Goodnight.

No comments: