Wednesday 10 November 2010

Fireworks to snow

Its been an eventful couple of days. Friday Jemma and I braved the rain for Keynsham's Fireworks display. I was excited by the prospect of the pyrotechnics and warm food available, but didn't expect the display itself to be of the quality it was.

The rain mercifully decided to have a cup of tea and enjoy the fireworks before lashing it down. This happened on our way back, but didn't spoil our enjoyment of the evening.

On Saturday Sean and I drank some cider and laughed at Tottenham. After a quiet Sunday, I went with Tim to Longwell Green to go 10pin bowling. This was less simple then it sounds as we conspired to miss and be late for a variety of buses.

We won one game each, but both were put off by some violent youths in wheelchairs in the next lane. I pride myself on my physical strength, but would have been no match for them.

Today (Tuesday) Tim and I woke up at what I was told was 4:00 in the morning to travel to North Wales to climb mountains.

I didn't even know there was a 4 o'clock in the morning, so it was a frightening experience. To summarize the day we ended up wading through snow in -2 wind chill.

I very calmly asked the wind to quieten down at one point. Its a shame the moment wasn't caught on videotape as it would've been a wonderful example to the youth of today of how to keep your temper under pressure.

The resulting avalanche was purely coincidental. Finally back home in the warm now though.

No comments: