Sunday 15 February 2009

A Valentines evening stroll..down the dual carriageway!

Yesterday was the one day a year when couples are allowed to display their sometimes sickening behaviour in public. Yes, Valentine's Day. The day when those of us who are single wish plague and pestilence on all nauseating couples to stop them from inflicting their many brands of public affection-showing upon us.
My misses and I followed in this age-old tradition and, after a skirmish over exactly what type of meat we would be eating for lunch, we headed to a miniture golf course for a special 'Valentines' round of golf. After losing my golf ball in a murkey lagoon, I recovered to notch a hole in 1 twice. My misses matched me in this acievement and dispelled the myth that women are rubbish at any activity involving spatial awareness..
In the evening after waiting for a bus for what might have been a year (This is still 2009 yes?), my lady and I dined at a local pub-come-restaurant.


The mrs. opted for the popular 'Bangers and Mash'


While I plumped for what turned out to be the sumptious 'Smoked Haddock'.

The drama of the day came after leaving the restaurant, we managed to miss the bus back home. I heroically dodged speeding motor cars to get to the other side of the road to see what the next bus times were. Upon discovering we would have to wait the best part of an hour for the next bus, we decided to brave it and walk home down the dual carriageway. After what seemed like an eternity, we finally made it home, freshened by the evening air. A lovely day despite our late night detour, and one in which both of us caused minimal vomiting from the single community.

No comments: