Monday 21 July 2008

A tale of horror that begins late at night..

I am not usually someone who scares easily. Until last night! I was just getting ready for bed when I saw something that gave me the 'kitsons'! By this I mean a spider was involved. But no ordinary arachnachid no. This beast had a wide girth and a fierce temper.


It all began when I was making my bed. The creature lept up over my pillow with a wicked gleam in its eye. I thought it would be an easy kill, but nay! This Shelob moved liked the wind.
I bravely stalked it to the end of my bed where a life and death struggle took place. I finally wounded it and was disturbed to note that it left a trail of what looked suspiciously like spidershite. It escaped briefly leaving me to ponder the traces of excrement.
Soon afterwards though I heroically overturned a carrier bag to find the spider exhausted and deceased. So alls well that ends well. I would like to think that if it were the other way round I would stop short of soiling myself at the sight of a strong enemy..

2 comments:

Sean said...

why are there, what looks like human teeth, surrounding the spider?

goatman-g said...

It was a violent battle..