Saturday 10 August 2013

What Really Grinds My Gears



Seagulls? The weather? Arsenal's mental handicap that renders them unable to spend money? No. What really grinds my gears is cyclists.



There are so many of the bastards on the streets of Bath right now that the City looks more like this...



My ire was stirred for the first time a few months ago. I was walking peacefully along the pavement and being a gentleman moved to the side to allow a fellow pedestrian room to pass by. I had seen an oncoming cyclist in the corner of my eye, but knew I was safe as he was on the road and I was on the pavement.

Being a cyclist though this simple and safe logic was beyond his comprehension. He decided that there wasn't enough room on the otherwise empty road so he would slam into the side of my body to make some more.

Being a pacifist I calmly laughed mockingly at his claim that I needed to fornicate myself.

I have noticed since that cyclists ride on the pavement with little or no thanks for the fearful manner in which peace-keepers like myself hurl themselves out of their way. Pedestrian footbridge? No fuck you its a "Cycle Bridge". The pavement? No fuck you its a "Cycle Path". What next?! Front door? No fuck you its a "Cycle Space".




1 comment:

Sean said...

To me, it sounds like when you stepped out in front of that cyclist, you ground his gears... the gears on his bike!