Thursday 29 September 2011

The devil is in the detail.

Ok, so its not quite the start of September, but here I am back again.
I have had a very busy summer including very little time for any genuine R&R.

This changes next weekend when I will be sampling the delights that Exmouth has to offer. The amazingly lovely Jemma will be coming too. If the weather remains as it has been today at a sultry 26 degrees Celsius then we will be made.

On a darker note something has been causing me ire or got my gander up as some might say. Surprising isn't it. The attempts by virtually any company on the internet to collate as many unnecessary details about you as possible. Take this very blogging host site for instance. It wants my phone number.

What for? Is it to contact me if any family members or loved ones have suffered an accident? Is it to have a friendly chat or to have someone ring me to cheer me up when Arsenal FC have lost a game?

I find goodwilled actions a hard motive to swallow. A bit like big oblong-shaped tablets.

This seems far more likely...



What will they want to know next - the colour of your underwear? Bath City academy players will feel this is no laughing matter. Indeed that it is a civil liberty under threat.

No comments: