Thursday 21 October 2010

Great plans Rooned

So I hear Wayne Rooney wants to leave ManU. Lots of people are discussing the ramifications of this happening.


I'll tell you what the biggest impact it'll have is: hopefully stopping bloody horrible headlines from papers like the Sun and the Daily Star. Headlines like "Roo Are You?" Sums up the luminous cretins that buy that tripe.


I hate to say that I actually have something in common with Rooney. No I haven't penetrated a pensioner. Apparently he wants to leave the Mancs because he thinks that ManU can no longer compete with the top teams in the League. I also think they can no longer compete with the top teams in the League.

It doesn't take much imagination to see in your mind's eye the fans of certain other clubs in England licking their lips and sharpening their metaphorical, vengeful knives. And here is the stunning climax of tonight's blog: I am not one of them!

I can almost hear the disbelief. Let me elaborate: in my opinion there is much presumption in the prognostications currently doing the rounds of Manchester United's demise.

Does this mean I have lost the desire to see their collective carcass rotting like a deceased Zebra in deepest Kenya? No, absolutely not.

Like the calmer and more clinical of the senators that plotted Caesar's death I am biding my time in the shadows waiting for the first knife to be plunged deep into vulnerable flesh.


And then when the dying breaths are exhaled I will raise my dagger and plunge it hard and deep.

Of course knowing ManU 'fans' they'll all have jumped ship and bought Chelsea shirts at the first sight of trouble. Though that will not stop there being one huge smile across my face when that blessed day comes.

No comments: