Tuesday 28 September 2010

Champions League v Blue Square Premier

Tomorrow night 2 football clubs I have a vested interest in are both playing. Arsenal are playing in the Champions League against Partizan Belgrade in deepest darkest Serbia.


While Bath City host Kidderminster Harriers in the Blue Square Premier League in the Georgian city of Bath.


This is a fixture clash. But unlike the scores of plastic Man United fans roaming the streets like ducks in the rain I am supporting my local club. Yes, I would only have watched Arsenal on the telly anyway, but it is still a sacrifice of sorts. And before you mention it I am not the sort of fan who brings a radio to a live match to keep up with other scores. No siree bob, that's not me at all..

p.s. This blog in no way suggests that eastern Europe is a dangerous place to visit. The countries in this part of the world are well known for their lovely Gothic castles and "atmospheric" back alleys.

No comments: