Sunday 28 February 2010

I learned something new today!

I used to think that Match of the Day was just a football hi-lights programme. How I was wrong. Tonight I found out interesting little titbits about football players' private lives I never knew. For example, Ryan Shawcross of Stoke City helps out at the local old people's home in his spare time.



Not only this, but he also campaigns against nuclear weapons and for spreading technology to those of all backgrounds. In fact he started the 'Bombs for Roms' initiative where he encourages countries to stop their nuclear programmes and make it so there's a computer in every household. Most of all, he has helped remove sewage from the River Trent so that it now flows with chocolate. *Eyes moistening with tears* So..inspirational..

No comments: