Wednesday 25 June 2008

My battery has run out.

My week: Sunday evening, under the impression that my coursework was going to be marked Monday morning, slaved feverishly like a rabid moth till 6 o'clock in the morning to get it all finished.
After a brief 2 hours of sleep heroically jogged into college to hand in 20 sheets that summed up my act of lunacy.
Arrived at my tutor's office at 15 minutes past 1100 U.K. hours to discover from one of Bath's local football celebrities (also a tutor) that my dear tutor hadn't come in because one of her troublesome offspring was ill. Words of the most unrepeatable nature flowed through my head and consequently out my mouth at an alarming rate.
Monday evening: for the first time in weeks the Monday evening 5-aside practice I have been signed up for hadn't been called off. Somehow survive well over an hour's frenetic and thunderous match that saw my side run a team boasting twice as many men very close.
Tuesday and Wednesday mornings: up at the arsecrack of dawn to make my merry fatigued way to college.
Wednesday day: 4 hour long exercise walks in searing heat with little fluid.
Now, Wednesday evening: lying down semi-conscious in my room hallucinating that I am doing press ups on a park bench suffering ferocious verbal abuse from one of the many military-hardened girls in my class. Now where are my pills..

No comments: