Sunday 28 July 2013

Taking on the system.

Having read and heard about Julian Assange and Edward Snowden in the media, I was aware of individuals who fought bravely against the big machine, but that was as far as it went.

As of this weekend I can say I had my own brush with tyranny. A giant of the blogging world - you could say a Starbucks or Waterstones - has posted the most slanderous rendition of the events of Saturday evening just gone.

Like a loveable old codger going through similar tough times I am considering legal action...



I won't bore you with the gory details, but suffice to say the incident involved a plateful of chicken, a knife and fork and the digestive system that time forgot. Or to be precise - the digestive system that forgot time.

In the story of Rip Van Winkle, he falls asleep and wakes up 20 years later. After sitting down for a meal with Watkins, the Yid and Kitson at Nandos, a similar passage of time elapsed before we left the table.



The libellous account of that evening doing the rounds on the internet ignores a basic principle of law: eyewitnesses. There were 2. Plus me. I am the small bookshop on the corner, the humble coffee shop making a living against a wealthy Superchain.

It is in this spirit of the little guy fighting against the odds that I set things straight and pass judgement on the deception that has spread like napalm. I leave the final word to the judge....

BULLSHIT!

No comments: