Monday 8 March 2010

Are you German? Oh good, you'll do..

Recently there have been student lodgers in the house. We just said goodbye to the charming and polite Thomas from Trier in Germany, and were due to welcome ALEX from Munich for a few weeks. This was until my mother in all her glory brought back HENRICH from the train station. I couldn't quite fathom how it had happened, but my guess is as follows..

My mother upon seeing a young lad with luggage looking a little lost:
"Oh hello. Are you Alex?"
Eager but disorientated student: "No I'm Henrich."
My mother in a hurry to get away: "Ok. You'll do.."

It got sorted eventually, but my dad and I were trying our hardest not to burst out laughing in front of the student..honest..
Needless to say this escapade will go down in family folklore.

No comments: